Having an open bar at your wedding, although fun and a wonderful treat for your guests, can get really expensive. There are many factors to consider, including budget. Is this a must-have item or something you’d like to do you for your guests?
Here are some pros:
- An open bar at your wedding makes you look like a rock star and the celebration more memorable.
- It’s a special way to thank guests who have travelled from near and far to be there with you.
- Open bar = Happy guests (and less waiting in line).
Now the cons:
- Unlimited drinks can often lead to poor behavior from some of the guests.
- Open bars are typically costly.
- Safety! Will you worry that all your guests will make it home safely?
So, what’s a bride to do? Here are some compromises that can be made if you just can’t decide to go with an open bar or not:
- Offer unlimited beer and wine. It will be a little easier on the budget and still be a nice thank you to all of your guests.
- Set a time limit on the number of hours that the bar will be open and let all your guests know.
- Provide a signature cocktail that’s complimentary (and delicious).
Here are a few signature drinks that have been popular at recent weddings.
Let me know what you think!
PS – Did you know that September is the most popular month for weddings, followed by August and October? If you’re getting married this October and haven’t planned a trial hair and makeup with us, schedule it now. We’re also booking appointments for brides and their wedding parties next year. Give us a call if you have any questions at (617) 947-3309 or email us at Charlotte@CharlotteandCompany.com. We turned down 20 weddings last month because we were booked. Call and see if your date is available.