Beyond the Bar
Would you like your reception to end on a special note?
We think your guests will enjoy any of these tasteful additions to your reception-and most of these ideas are especially appropriate if you’re having an alcohol-free wedding.
After dinner, consider elevating the standard cup of coffee by offering:
- A custom coffee bar, featuring cappuccino, espresso bar, and a selection of specialty coffees, served by an experienced barista.
- Or, opt for a simpler, self-service set-up by providing a variety of coffee blends, along with flavorings (like cinnamon and cocoa powder), flavored creamers, whipped cream, and caramel sauce.
- A complementary hot beverage bar with cocoas and assortment of special tea would be a welcome alternative. Include embellishments such as little marshmallows, peppermint and cinnamon sticks, fresh lemon slices, cream, and honey.
While wedding cakes aren’t apt to go out of style, couples are becoming more creative with personal dessert choices, from donut trees and regional classics to ice cream trucks. So, indulge your guests with:
- A dessert buffet of bite-size treats-decadent brownies, elegant tarts, individual fruit pies, mini whoopie pies, crunchy cookies, chocolate dipped strawberries … and, perhaps, a lovely cheese platter.
- The ever-popular “make you own sundae” bar is a guaranteed hit; keep the ice cream flavors simple, and go all out on toppings!
- If your venue has a fire pit or outdoor grill, how about s’mores?
- Have a candy table, with an assortment of wrapped candies, displayed in beautiful containers; don’t forget to provide scoops and little bags for your guests!
Finally, consider a unique and sophisticated end to the wedding dinner, if your venue allows smoking: a cigar lounge for the gentlemen … and, perhaps, a lady or two!
PS. Here is what the Knot has to say about a cigar bar.